- Over 6000 products
- Next Day Delivery on orders confirmed before 2pm
- 8 depots for national coverage
Thioflex 600 Gun Grade Grey (2.5ltr)SKU: 002600GG
The gun grade is ideal for general application.
It is packed in a ready to mix, 2.
5 litre tin containing the base and curing agent in the correct proportions.
The pouring grade for joints in horizontal surfaces is supplied in 5 litre packs with the base and curing agent in separate tins.
Thioflex 600 is particularly recommended for use in high-rise buildings and other applications where access for subsequent maintenance will be difficult and the risk of early movement failure must be minimised.
It is also suitable for sealing joints in brickwork, retaining walls, basements and subways.
Thioflex 600 pouring grade is recommended for initial sealing of expansion joints and stress relief joints in floors and sealing other horizontal surfaces.
Uses:Sealing movement joints in building and civil engineering structures, including superstructures, floors, basements and subways.
- Meets key international standards
- Forms a tough, elastic, rubber-like seal
- Accommodates continuous and pronounced cyclic movement
- Excellent adhesion to most common substrates, including primed concrete, glass, aluminium and stainless steel
- High resistance to ageing reduces physical damage due to climatic extremes
This product has the following setting times:
- 72 hours at temperatures around 5°C
- 36 hours where temperatures are around 15°C
- 18 hours for temperatures of 25°C
It has the following cure times:
- four weeks at temperatures of 5°C
- two weeks at a temperature around 15°C
- one week at temperatures around 25°C
Thioflex 600 can be applied to joints with widths between 5mm and 50mm wide. Where joints are anticipated to experience cyclic movement, the optimum width:depth ratios should be 2:1 and minimum sealing depths are:
- metals and glass or other non-porous surfaces: 5mm
- porous surfaces: 10mm
- joints that are trafficked or subject to other hydrostatic pressure: 20mm
- Forms a tough, elastic rubber like seal
- Accommodates continuous and cyclic movement
- Excellent adhesion to most common substrates
- High resistance to ageing, reduces physical damages due to climatic extremes
It is important that a surface primer is always used on porous surfaces prior to applying this product. Also, where glass products are to be immersed in water, a surface primer should be used.
Before applying this product, ensure all surfaces are clean and dry and free of any frost or ice. Dust or other contaminants should be removed using a wire brush.
Manufacturer guidelines should be consulted prior to application of any primers: https://www.fosroc.com/assets/productDatasheets/Thioflex600-208.pdf.
This gun grade product should be thoroughly mixed using a slow speed drill and Fosroc mixing paddle for a minimum of five minutes. Immediately after mixing, the product should be loaded into a gun and applied to joints. In colder temperatures, keep the product at room temperature for the night before use as this helps with the mixing process.
After applying Thioflex it should be smoothed down with an appropriate tool and all equipment should be cleaned immediately after use.