Waste Management: The Facts
– An estimated 8 million tonnes of plastic waste enters the sea & an estimated 18 million tonnes of waste is sent to a UK landfill site each year.
– The waste we produce increases by about 3% every year, this means that in 25 years the amount of waste we produce will have doubled!
– Switzerland, the Netherlands, and Germany recycle around 60% of their waste, compared with our rate of around 45%.
– The UK government are taking measures to improve rates of recycling & waste management by refreshing and renewing environmental policy.
– These measures support the commitment to double productivity and to eliminate avoidable waste, both by 2050.
Resapol’s Commitment to Reducing Waste
At Resapol we believe in taking steps now in order to protect the natural world and to leave it in a healthier state for future generations to come. Natural capital is one of our most valuable assets.
The air we breathe, the water we drink, the land we live on, and the stock of material resources we use in our daily lives are at the heart of our economy, our society and our way of life.
WE MUST NOT TAKE THESE FOR GRANTED
Pollution knows no national boundaries it damages the global environment as well as our own landscapes, rivers and seas.
In recent decades, the UK has been making progress on how it manages waste and resources; recycling rates are up, and carbon emissions are holding steady.
HOWEVER, OUR PLANET NEEDS US TO DO MORE
How are Resapol Managing Waste?
Streamlined, simple and efficient methods of recycling have now been introduced to all of our national depots. These methods will help Resapol to;
– Become more environmentally friendly
– Achieve environmental compliance
– Improve recycling performance
– Control costs
– Proof ourselves against any future recycling regulations
Waste is now split into three separate categories and is now deposited into separate bins according to guidelines outlined by Biffa, Resapol’s new waste management service
Biffa is a UK leading integrated waste management company providing collection, recycling, treatment and disposal of waste.
Biffa control a significant proportion of waste arising in the UK, which places them at the centre of a dynamic and growing sector, providing indispensable services to all UK businesses.
Biffa have several accreditation, including full ISO 27001:2013 compliancy.
How Biffa Recycles Waste
Using innovative techniques and technology, the below video highlights how Biffa control, manage, collect & recycle different types of waste materials.
The Future of Resapol’s Waste Management
We’re excited at the prospect of reducing waste & pollution across our depots, encouraging others inside and outside of the company to promote a healthier environment.
Resapol recently became key sponsors for Ocean Revival 2020, an epic row across one of the most prolific and dangerous routes in the world.