- Over 6000 products
- Next Day Delivery on orders confirmed before 2pm
- 8 depots for national coverage
Ardex A 55 22kgSKU: 005A55
This product is currently out of stock. As such, we cannot guarantee next day delivery and an additional delivery surcharge may apply
ARDEX A 55 is an advanced sub-floor smoothing and patching compound with rapid hardening and rapid drying properties, specifically designed for areas where the installation time of floor finishes must be kept to a minimum.
When mixed with water, an exceptionally fluid, flexible self-levelling mortar is produced which can be applied from a feather edge up to the required thickness in a single operation.
Dependent on substrate and application thickness, ARDEX A 55 can normally be walked on after approximately 60 minutes at 20OC. ARDEX A 55 dries and hardens rapidly by hydration, binding in the mix water so that, providing the ARDEX A 55 layer has hardened sufficiently and the adhesive trowel does not damage the mortar surface, the floorcovering may be installed, even if the surface appears to be damp, typically after 60 minutes at 20°C.
- Walkable and ready to receive floorcoverings in as little as 60 minutes
- Priming rarely required on clean, prepared concrete, sand/cement screeds, un-glazed ceramic tiles and cementitious terrazzo
- Exceptional flow and levelling characteristics - ideal for luxury vinyl tiles
- Rapid hardening and drying performance combined with a 15 minute working time
- Exceptional coverage – Approximately 7.5m² @ 2mm thick
- An ARDEX A 35 screed smoothed with ARDEX A 55 can have floor coverings installed after as little as 4 hours
- Apply from a feather edge to 10mm in a single application
ARDEX A 55 will level and smooth in a single application within the 15 minute working time. Applications include rapid repairs and smoothing tamped, uneven, damaged in-situ concrete, sub-floors, adjusting tolerances or camber problems between floors, slabs or pre-cast concrete, as well as smoothing old sub-floors and screeds in renovation projects prior to receiving resilient floorcoverings such as vinyl and carpet. ARDEX A 55 is not designed to be a wearing surface.