- Over 6000 products
- Next Day Delivery on orders confirmed before 2pm
- 8 depots for national coverage
Mapegrout Gunite FSD is a one-component premixed cementitious mortar composed of hydraulic binders, silica fume, selected aggregate and special additives manufactured according to a formulation developed in the MAPEI research laboratories. When mixed with water Mapegrout Gunite FSD acquires a thixotropic consistency and can therefore be easily applied on vertical and overhead surfaces in substantial thickness.
- Repair of concrete lining in road/rail/subway tunnels.
- Fast support during excavation for D&B, hard rock TBMs and foundations.
- Covering stone or masonry in tunnels.
- Repair of damaged bridges.
- Repair of hydraulic works such as canals, tunnels, reservoirs, etc.
- Repair of industrial concrete structures.
The hardening process starts very early after the application, in order to improve:
- Speed of application (several layers in a shorter time);
- Safety during operation: manpower and equipment can move under the same area in shorter time if compared to standard mortars.
After hardening, Mapegrout Gunite FSD:
- Has high flexural and compressive strength;
- Is watertight;
- Adheres very strongly to old concrete, provided the concrete is first saturated with water, and to reinforcement bars, especially when they are first treated with Mapefer or Mapefer 1K;
- Resists sulphates;
- Resists carbonation;