- Over 6000 products
- Next Day Delivery on orders confirmed before 2pm
- 8 depots for national coverage
Sika Margel VPI 580 (100/Box)SKU: 003MGVPI580X100
This product is currently out of stock. As such, we cannot guarantee next day delivery and an additional delivery surcharge may apply
Sika ® Margel VPI 580 is a patented vapour phase corrosion inhibitor which is inserted inside concrete structural elements close to the reinforcing steel. The product has been specifically developed to ensure the corrosion inhibitors are released over a period of 12-48 months. This results in a well bonded layer of corrosion inhibitor around the reinforcing steel resulting in a passivated protective layer that reduces exposure to chlorides, water and oxygen.
- Reinforced concrete deteriorating from corrosion
- Where coatings have been applied and surface applied Corrosion Inhibitors cannot penetrate
- Car Parks and Bridge decks
- Protecting reinforcement at greater depths than surface applied Corrosion Inhibitors can penetrate
- Chloride contaminated Concrete
- Carbonated Concrete
- Historic Structures
- Proven technology – 25 year track record.
- Focused protection - provides localized protection where actual and potential corrosion risks are high.
- Economical - low cost method protecting local areas of reinforcement that are chloride contaminated or contained in carbonated sound concrete, thereby reducing concrete breakout.
- Versatile - effective in chloride-contaminated and carbonated concrete.
- User friendly - installation is quick and easy.
- Low maintenance – requires no external power source or system monitoring.
- Long lasting – 10 to 20 year service life reduces the need for future repairs.
- Full system – can be used in conjunction with Sika® FerroGard®, Sika® Galvashield®, Sika® Ebonex® & Sikagard ® coating technologies to offer a full Total Corrosion Management System.